Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Hurt Locker!

Every year, usually around December-February, I'll begin downloading the most critically acclaimed movies of the year (Oscar nominees are usually a priority), as well as great movies from years past which I have missed. This year, I only began my search in February, and to date I only lack Precious from my Oscar nominees collection.

I haven't really had the time to watch any movies at all due to my hectic involvement in IHL, Jessup and IHL International. From the Oscar nominees, I have seen Avatar, Up, Up In The Air, District 9, The Blind Sideand Inglourious Basterds - from this lot, Up In The Air is my favourite (George Clooney, in particular, was excellent), followed closely by District 9.

However, I don't think anybody can say they were too surprised by this year's Best Picture winner. This is one movie I have been saving for a special occasion, when the time is just right, to savor and experience it properly.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you:


Yay, Kathryn Bigelow! And take that, you arrogant blue-man-loving-i-am-king-of-the-freakin'-world-tree-huggin.. er... er.. man!

The Hurt Locker FTW!

No comments:

Post a Comment